Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Dear Non-Profits, Small Businesses, Artists, Freelancers, Gig Workers, Self-Employers, Part-Timers, and Solo Shop Warriors Wondering What’s Next: This Money is For You. Please Take It.
- Bristol Herald Courier: Program to offer loans to help downtown Bristol businesses survive pandemic
- 5 Easy Tips for Maintaining Customers While You Are Closed (and maybe even make a little $$)
- Mancuso Entertainment: Take advantage of making social media content during the quarantine (Paid Resource).
- Should I Keep Marketing My Business During the Coronavirus?
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) to provide small businesses impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19) with up to $2 million in Disaster Assistance Loans.
- SBDC releases a COVID-19 edition of their March newsletter, with the latest small business updates, and resources to stay informed.
- Answers that keep you open for business – even if your doors are closed.
- Indeed’s resources for jobs Affected by COVID-19: Today, many people’s jobs may be affected by the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Indeed is compiling resources on how to work from home if you can, find work quickly when you need it and navigate a remote job search.
- VCC Online Professional Development Workshops: VCC has partnered with the Virginia Highlands Small Business Incubator and Washington County, Virginia Chamber of Commerce to present this workshop series bi-weekly in Abingdon, Virginia. Professionals within Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee lead the sessions sharing their education/training and experience with small business owners. Consider using this downtime to build your business and marketing skills. There are over a hundred workshops focused on accounting, management, legal, HR, marketing, social media and more available on demand.
- Virginia SBDC’s COVID-19 Resource Center: Take a look at the Virginia SBDC’s COVID-19 Resource Center for small businesses, including a survey that will allow the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity to collect data on the impact COVID-19 is having on business revenue and employment.
- Small Business Support: Facebook announced a new $100 million program to help small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The grants will be available for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries. That would be an average of $3,333 per business.