Creating clean energy for Virginia – and our planet.
We look to the future knowing we must invest in clean, renewable methods of power generation to reduce water and air pollution and create high-paying jobs in the process.
Our clean energy lending products support our mission to increase access to clean energy and renewable power projects. VCC offers a variety of financing options in the energy efficiency and renewables sector.
Clean energy financing
- Loan-to-value: Up to 75%
- Term: Up to 10 years (longer with power purchase agreements)
- Guarantees: Personal/corporate guarantees required.
- Loans repaid from solar renewable energy certificates or power purchase agreements
- Solar energy generating equipment
- HVAC equipment
- Lighting upgrades
- Building automation controls
- Doors, windows, and insulation.
- Property-assessed clean energy (PACE) loans.
Our solar lending program serves utility-scale projects, small business solar systems, and solar projects with power purchase agreements. We can fund up to 90 percent of the purchase price and offer loan terms ranging from five to 15 years.
To date, we have closed more than $9 million in clean energy loans.