President, Chief Executive Officer
Since our launch in 2006, Jane has led VCC and our leverage of a $15 million state-backed investment to nearly $800 million in public and private investment in Virginia. Along the way, she has overseen the creation of jobs, vibrant communities, and an improvement in Virginians’ quality of life.
Early in Jane’s banking career, she was tasked with undertaking compliance with the Community Reinvestment Act for her employer. “I begrudgingly said yes,” she recalls. “Yet that decision began a journey that led me to community development banking, mission-related finance, and the ability to use my skills to positively impact communities. That ‘yes’ has created a fulfilling career.”
Jane is the former community development executive for Wachovia, where for 10 years she managed all aspects of community development operations, lending, and compliance for the corporation.
She lives in Goochland County, and splits her time between VCC’s offices in Richmond and Christiansburg. She enjoys hiking and riding horses.
Education, Licenses, and Honors
- B.A., Business Administration, Gettysburg College
- M.B.A, St. Joseph’s University
- Board of Directors, Community Development Bankers Association
- Board of Directors, Center for Rural Entrepreneurship
- Appointed member, Commonwealth Council on Bridging the Nutritional Divide
- VCU’s Real Estate Circle of Excellence
- Appalachian Regional Commission’s Capital Advisory Group