To coincide with the recent opening of the Hard Rock Casino in Bristol, VA, Virginia Community Capital assisted the Virginia Small Business Administration in hosting a pitch contest in the fall of 2022. Ten finalists from 11 counties across the Southwestern Region competed to win five $10,000 prizes for business operation expenses. Applicants and competitors were also considered for the opportunity to partner with the Hard Rock Casino to provide locally made goods and services.
- Alpha Lit – Washington County
- Anne Vaughan Designs – Floyd County
- Beagle Ridge Farm – Wythe County
- Clinch Valley Printing – Tazewell County
- Clinch Life Outfitters – Wise County
- Rising Sun Breads – Henry County
- Stormbrew Farm – Washington County
- The Orange Bandana – Montgomery County
- The Pakalachian Truck – Washington County
- Virginia Mountain Vineyards – Botetourt County
Winners were announced in early December during an awards ceremony at the Hard Rock Casino in Bristol. Community partners included: Friends of Southwest Virginia, the Virginia Tourism Corporation, the Virginia Highlands Small Business Incubator, and the SWVA Small Business Development Centers.
To view the pitch videos, click here.